A Community Based Residential Program That Provides Alternative Housing for Persons with Mental Illness At the time of its founding, Laura House was created as a home to assist individuals with mental health concerns to live in the community, much the same as an approved home. Presently we have evolved into transitional supported housing setting that focuses on enabling individuals to live in the community independently. Laura House staff work very hard to maintain a good relationship with various stockholders in the community, and are proud to say that Laura House has become a major service provided in the area of community mental health services in Lethbridge.
The Laura House program is designed to assist persons experiencing mental/emotional problems by providing individual programs and professional support to enhance their adjustment to community life. The program is a flexible structure and compensates to the individualized needs of the resident.
The Laura House services population will consist of the following group:
1. Persons with a primary diagnosis of severe or persistent mental illness
2. Between the ages of 18 -64
3. Persons experiencing social and/or emotional problems
1. To improve the abilities of persons with mental health concerns to live more independently within a community setting
2. Provide a positive and stable environment for those persons either in transition or housing crisis
3. To promote the best possible care, treatment and rehabilitation of the mentally ill and to advocate on behalf of mental health clients within the community.
1. Develop individual care plans in accordance with professional support, i.e. mental health therapist, psychiatrists and general practitioners
2. Provide life-skills training including symptom management, medication management, financial education, cooking, grocery shopping, and other related skills.
3. Provide respite accommodations for persons in need of temporary housing who are experiencing difficulties of a crisis nature or to give respite assistance to approved home owners (two weeks minimum)
How to Apply
- Fill out the following application and return to Canadian Mental Health Association @ 426 6th St S or fax 403-320-7432.LH Referral Form